When exotic distant lands beckon to you, answer the call with a luxury cruise in Africa — as no place on earth compares with this magical continent. Whether by ocean or river cruise ship, guests will be awe-struck by the beauty and wonder of this thrilling part of the world.
You’ll embark on a once-in-a-lifetime journey and find yourself enchanted with this incredible continent’s jaw-dropping marvels. The name Africa, in itself, conjures up images of majestic animals, ethereal sunsets, endless green hills and the Winelands of South Africa’s Cape Town region. Animal-lovers and nature-enthusiasts will be in their glory as they embark on a cruise vacation to this magical place.
Indulge in a luxury Africa cruise and it will leave you forever changed by the continent’s magnificence and uniqueness. Imagine after an exhilarating day on safari, watching the sun sink slowly over the plains of Kenya – a memory you will always hold dear. Perhaps you’ll have occasion to stroll along the world-famous beaches of the beautiful Seychelles.
Ports of call offer historic sites, beaches, modern wonders, astounding natural wonders, magnificent wildlife and cultural encounters with indigenous tribes. Take advantage of pre- and/or post-cruise land (hotel) packages that may also include safari packages, offering the opportunity to explore amazing wildlife habitats in Kenya, South Africa or Tanzania.
Depending on itinerary, below are just a sampling of the many thrills awaiting travelers on a luxury Africa cruise while cruising, in port or on an incredible shore excursion.
- Cape Town, the “crown jewel” of South Africa, is the main embarkation port for South Africa cruises and its Eastern Shores. Vibrant and exciting, this cosmopolitan city boasts the Victoria & Albert waterfront, natural beauty and incredible beaches. Enjoy art, world-class cuisine, fine wines and get a bird’s eye view from a cable car to the top of Table Mountain.
- Feel the energy as you search for and hopefully spot each of the Big Five – elephant, lion, leopard, Cape buffalo and rhinoceros – while in Port Elizabeth and elsewhere.
- Amazing shore excursions may include a luxury safari through the breathtaking game reserves of South Africa, a visit to the legendary vineyards where elegant wines are created and others.
- Kruger National Park is one of Africa’s largest game reserves. Under it’s protection is a high density of wildlife including the Big Five, eagles, storks and hundreds of other mammals.
- Mount Kilimanjaro – the highest mountain in Africa is a majestic vision.
- Take an inland cruise on the Chobe River which runs directly through Botswana’s Chobe National Park on a luxury river ship. This region is home to gentle giants and others, as an array of elephants, hippos, buffalo, antelope, baboons, raptors, crocodiles and more.
- Animal-lovers will want to visit Mombasa, Kenya — home to Haller Park, a thriving ecosystem of forest, ponds and grasslands. Walking trails invite you to view various fenced wildlife, such as giraffe, hippo, buffalo and several bird species, including eagles and owls. From here you’ll also have access to Masai Mara, Amboseli and other Game Reserves.
- Marvel at Victoria Falls, once called Mosi-oa-Tunya — “The Smoke that Thunders.”
- Immerse yourself in nature on a luxury safari that elevates “glamping” to new heights. This is one experience you will never forget, whether on a honeymoon or the bucket-list cruise vacation you have been dreaming of.
- Madagascar off the southeast coast is home to thousands of animal species found nowhere else, including lemurs. Nature-lovers will be enthralled at the dazzlingt rainforests, reefs and beaches.
- Explore the colorful markets of Maputo (Mozambique) and experience dancing and Zulu drumming in Durban.
Cruise in sumptuous comfort on a stunning luxury ship – the ideal way to see Africa. Typically sailing from South African ports such as Cape Town or Durban, they often include Kenya and Mozambique and/or the stunning Indian Ocean islands of Madagascar and Mauritius.
Visit pristine beaches, such as the sun-kissed Seychelles and on Africa’s West Coast, cruise to such fabled ports as Ghana, Senegal, Namibia and the Cape Verde Islands.
Luxury river cruises provide a special way to visit Africa as you are indulged with world-class cuisine, attentive service from English speaking staff and ultra-comfortable elegant accommodations. Glide along in luxurious comfort to some of the world’s most awe-inspiring places while enjoying a myriad of high-end amenities. Journey along the mystical Nile River and pass ancient landscapes seemingly untouched by time. Ancient history will come alive on captivating itineraries that typically include some of Egypt’s most iconic places, such as Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, Idfu, Kom Ombo, and Giza.
Some of the world’s most wondrous sites come alive before you as your time onboard is spent in indulgent luxury on your adventure-filled Nile River cruise. Walk in the footsteps of Pharaohs through the land of myths and wonders. It’s no wonder world travelers, art-lovers, history buffs and those looking for a truly unique experience are smitten with this region. Visit temples dedicated to such mythological figures as Horus and Hathor, the ruins of the Temple of Karnak and the legendary Temple of Luxor on the east bank of the Nile.
Many of these sailings begin or end in Cairo, providing the opportunity to explore the world-famous Egyptian Museum, housing treasures recovered from the tomb of King Tutankhamun or to the Grand Egyptian Museum which is scheduled to open in 2019. A mesmerizing sight is that of the awe-inspiring Sphinx. Venture into the Valley of the Kings — the ancient burial grounds of Egyptian royalty.
Luxury river cruises will also transport you in sumptuous style to some of the most captivating places in South Africa. Discover the many wonders of such places on excursions as Cape Town, Victoria Falls, Johannesburg, Greater Kruger National Park area and an East Africa safari in Tanzania that includes the Serengeti.
Indulge your senses of wonder and adventure with explorations boasting both country-immersive journeys and enticing new destinations across what is considered the most spectacular place in the world – Africa.
For more information on luxury Africa cruises and our cruise deals, visit us at LuxuryTravelTeam.com or call our luxury travel experts at 1-866-738-2470.